Daikin is recognised as a heat pump expert. As specialists, heat pumps they do. As one of New Zealand’s most trusted names in heat pumps, Daikin can be found in homes, offices, hotels and shops across New Zealand and around the world. Read on for more information about Daikin’s new Wi-Fi offering in ducted or Hi-wall systems and the new Zena – possibly one of the most stylish heat p[umps in the world.
Buying a heat pump is an investment for the future, so it pays to look beyond the initial purchase price. Whether you’re looking for split, multi-split or ducted heat pump, it’s important to consider ongoing running costs, servicing, parts, and the heat pump’s operating life. Daikin heat pumps offer superior quality, durability and energy efficiency, so you can climate control your home or business more effectively over the long term
Asthma Council Exclusive Acceptance
Daikin’s Split System heat pumps and air purifiers are approved by the Asthma Foundation NZ Sensitive Choice® program and is the only heat pump brand that carries the blue butterfly symbol
Purify The Air
Daikin heat pumps not only cool or warm your home but can also purify the air inside it. A quality heat pump would normally have a built in air-purifying filter that traps fine airborne particles (e.g. smoke particles). Some heat pumps have air-purifying filters that trap microscopic particles, decompose odours and even absorb and deactivate bacteria and viruses.
New Zealand has one of the highest rates of asthma in the world, as well as high levels of seasonal hay fever and other allergies. This makes an air-purifying capability an important consideration when purchasing a heat pump. Daikin is the only split system heat pump approved by the Asthma Foundation (NZ) to display the Sensitive Choice butterfly symbol on their range of heat pumps
At Set Point Technology we realise heating and cooling can have a big impact on your energy bills. All Daikin heat pumps incorporate Daikin’s advanced inverter technology for more efficient operation and enhanced in-home comfort compared to conventional heating or cooling
Temperature isn’t the only factor to consider when heating or cooling your home; ambient noise should also be taken into account. Daikin heat pumps are designed for quiet operation. Some models also include a ‘Night Quiet’ mode, helping both you and your neighbours sleep more comfortably
Multi Split Heat Pumps Best for
- Heating & cooling 2-9 separate rooms
- Houses with limited space for ducting
- Ability to control room temperatures individually
- Split System Heat Pumps
- Heating & cooling one area of your home
- Compact size
- Ducted Heat Pumps
- Whole home heating & cooling
- Visually less intrusive
The following tips will help to ensure your Daikin air conditioner operates efficiently and economically all year round:
- During hot weather, turn your air conditioner on early rather than working it harder once your home warms up.
- Because hot air rises and cold air falls, adjust the louvers on your Split System air conditioner to direct air downwards when heating and upwards when cooling – this will circulate the air more effectively.
- Isolate areas of your home that you are not using – by closing off unused sections of your home, or by using zone control with a ducted air conditioner, you can reduce your energy consumption by heating or cooling a smaller area.
- Use the dehumidify function. By removing moisture from the air, your home may ‘feel’ cooler. This may be enough to keep you comfortable, and it uses less energy than actually cooling your home.
- Close your curtains, blinds and shutters – one of the highest heat energy transfers in your home is through your windows – keeping your curtains closed will help minimise heat loss, particularly if your windows are large.
- Clean your air filter regularly – once a season for domestic models, and once a month, or more frequently in dusty or heavily polluted environments.
- When choosing an air conditioner, check the energy star label – the more stars, the more energy efficient it will be.
- Choose the right air conditioner for your home – too small and it may not work effectively – too large and it will be uneconomical to operate. A Daikin Specialist Dealer can assess your home’s unique requirements and recommend an appropriate system for your needs, and your budget
Energy efficiency is an important factor when purchasing a heat pump. Daikin are heat pump specialists, and invest heavily in research and development to continuously improve energy efficiency. Efficient, computer designed air control surfaces, proprietary inverter technology and intelligent eye sensors are just some of the factors which make Daikin heat pumps energy efficient. Choosing the right heat pump and having it professionally installed is the best way to provide energy efficient heating and cooling for your home. A heat pump that’s too small will require excessive energy to heat/cool your home. Too big, and you will pay more in electricity than you should. A Daikin Specialist Dealer will help you select the most energy efficient option for your home.
Daikin wall mounted heat pumps are a natural choice for those wanting the comfort of a unit that blends unobtrusively with its surroundings. The same technology that makes the Daikin indoor unit so compact also makes it powerful, yet quiet and energy efficient.
The pleasing design of the units also has functional appeal. The smooth surface of the flat panel models can be wiped clean and the flat panel easily removed for more thorough cleaning. ??Daikin’s air purifying filters and innovative air flow systems ensure that fresh, conditioned air flows to every corner of the room.
Daikin’s new L-Series split system heat pumps boast high efficiencies and are the most energy efficient split systems ever made by Daikin. Daikin’s new L-Series split systems include advanced technology and a range of features, making the L-Series Daikin’s most energy-efficient split system heat pump, ever. The P-series is slightly more advanced, and enables Wi-Fi integration with the smart-phone application D-Mobile.
Daikin also introduced the Ururu Sarara split system heat pump range. Ururu Sarara not only provides efficient cooling and heating for your home, but can humidify, dehumidify, ventilate and purify the air – now that’s smart technology! Just set your target temperature and humidity on the remote – it’s as easy as using your TV remote to deliver instant comfort and no other heat-pump can do this.
Recently, Daikin have released the new Zena range – one of the most stylish Hi-wall units in the market in white or silver. There are three models for small, medium or large rooms that are elegant and slim with some very smart features.
The new domestic range from Daikin can be found via the link below and controlled in-home or out-of-home with the clever application D-Mobile – free from the App Store and able to control 5 units in your house so you never need to arrive home to a cold house and in winter you can dry out your house on damp mornings and switch all systems off by say mid-morning from work!!
If you’d like to discuss any aspect of the Daikin Wi-Fi solution or the new high-walls or Daikins ducted SkyFi solutions, just call us and we can tell you about some of the exciting installs we’re doing around Auckland. We’re also happy to send you out a brochure that covers the Ururu, Zena and P-series and all the Daikin features.