Set Point Technology is a North Shore based company specializing in all areas of domestic, commercial and industrial air conditioning, ventilation, heat pumps and refrigeration as well as cold storage, heating and dust/humidity control for the commercial and industrial sectors.
With over 25 years of combined trade experience in the industry Set Point Technology offers cost effective engineered solutions and is an accredited installer for Mitsubishi, Temperzone, Hitachi, Toshiba and Daikin heat pumps among other brands and equipment.
“We install, supply and service a wide range of heat pumps and air conditioners to meet any heating or cooling needs,” owner Paul Hefer says.
Having access to the latest technology and with its expertise supported by specialist suppliers from both locally and abroad Set Point Technology is able to meet its client’s requirements. The company also has contractor associations to cover required specialist disciplines.
Set Point Technology is committed to providing its customers with the best in engineering, products, maintenance and management delivering the following benefits:
1. The Customer is ensured of a constant level of professional service upheld with ethics, trustworthiness and reliability.
2. Same day back up service which is supported by a follow-up ‘customer call care facility’.
3. A highly motivated and dedicated company backing its customer ensuring
– Reduction in down time of equipment
– Reduction of product/production loss due to equipment failure
– More effective management and control of your work/production area and product quality.
– Projects are successfully completed on time, every time.
– Healthier and safer working/production environments.
What Set Point Technology offers:
● Installation of complex construction projects
● Programmed maintenance, service and repairs
● Refrigeration solutions
● Attention to quality
● 24/7 service to Auckland locations
● IQP and PS3 Certified
● CCCA Member
The main purposes of a Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) system are to help maintain good indoor air quality through adequate ventilation with filtration and provide thermal comfort.
The choice and design of a HVAC system can also affect many other high performance goals, including water consumption (water cooled air conditioning equipment) and acoustics.
Air conditioners help clean a home or business premise’s air as well. Most indoor units have filters that catch dust, pollen, mold spores and other allergens as well as smoke and everyday dirt found in the air.
Most air conditioners also function as dehumidifiers. They take excess water from the air and use it to help cool the unit before getting rid of the water through a hose to the outside. Other units use the condensed moisture to improve efficiency by routing the cooled water back into the system to be reused.
Comfort applications aim to provide a building indoor environment that remains relatively constant in a range preferred by humans despite changes in external weather conditions or in internal heat loads.
Air conditioning makes deep plan buildings feasible, for otherwise they’d have to be built narrower or with light wells so that inner spaces receive sufficient outdoor air via natural ventilation. Air conditioning also allows buildings to be taller since wind speed increases significantly with altitude making natural ventilation impractical for very tall buildings.